- Athletic Recruiting – Families may dream of “signing day”, but what are the realities facing prospective college athletes?
- Majoring in Statistics/Data Science – Data Science was just named the #1 career by Glassdoor and the “sexiest career of the 21st century” by the Harvard Business Review. Could this be a career for you?
- Understanding Net Price – Families often experience sticker shock when contemplating the cost of college, but it’s the net price, rather than the sticker price, that prospective students need to consider.
- Don’t Get Caught Up in Senior Slump – Every year some students get a little too relaxed and cling to a false sense of teenage invulnerability. And every year, to the shock of these students, colleges across the country revoke a small but significant number of their acceptances.
Download the Full Newsletter: February 2018 College Counseling Newsletter
- Helping Your Child Succeed – an article especially for parents, highlighting five ways that parents can help their children succeed in both school and life.
- Majoring in Neuroscience – this rapidly expanding field offers myriad job opportunities for future graduates. The skills gained through a neuroscience major are widely applicable to a variety of fields. Check this out!
- Trends in Student Loans – You’ve probably seen the headlines suggesting that debt for college students is out of control and getting worse. But, is it really?
- Searching for Performing Arts Colleges – A free, searchable resource from the publishers of Playbill Magazine.
- After Your Applications Have Been Submitted – Seniors who have completed the college application process are feeling pretty good about this time. But you still have things to do.
Download the Full Newsletter: January 2018 College Counseling Newsletter